ASOS have a fantastic opportunity to be part of the Menswear team starting Summer 2016!
ASOS Design Brief for final year Design (BA) students interested in an Assistant Designer Opportunity in the asos Menswear team starting Summer 2016.
Deadline – 5pm Friday 15 April
- Research and Develop 1x AW16 Trend board.
- Design a Capsule Collection of 12-15 pieces covering all product types including accessories.
- Present all designs as flat Drawings.
- Consider; shape, colour fabric, print and trim.
- Provide fully annotated specs of at least 3 of your favourite pieces.
- Illustrate 3 outfits as examples of ‘Ways to wear’.
- Use all available research resources to support your ideas including: Magazines, Blogs, Catwalks, Street style etc.
- Tip: Whilst completely the brief please also consider the following:
- Is your range exciting yet commercial?
- How you your range sit along side the current asos offer?
How to apply:
Please upload a reduced size PDF and copy of your CV
Where is it based: Greater London House, Mornington Crescent, London
The hours: 9.00am – 5.30pm (Monday to Thursday) 9.00am – 5.00pm (Friday)
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Researching, developing and designing to support the senior designer on the department.
- Assisting on a department who design commercially relevant fashion forward ranges.
- Attending weekly trade meetings and reacting to sales information.
- To research current and future trends by a collection of different sources in order to continuously improve and develop the ASOS collection. This includes shop reports, sourcing at markets and with fabric/ trims mills.
- Sourcing new fabrications and trimmings is a key part of the job role.
- Working closely with in-house buying teams, alongside an experienced senior designer to present design ideas and develop product.
- Working with the technical team to support on fits on a weekly basis.
- Develop strong working relationships with suppliers, liaising with suppliers oversees on a daily basis.
Skills and experience you will need:
- Previous experience in designing for an aspirational brand or similar high street retailer.
- Good understanding of the ASOS Brand and Customer.
- Proficient Computer skills including Microsoft office and CAD: Photoshop, Adobe and Illustrator.
- Fashion forward.
- Good time management skills with the ability to prioritise tasks and work to multiple deadlines.