Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations. Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company and constantly leverages the energy of its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward. Headquartered in London, Burberry is a design, marketing and retail led business with a global reputation for innovative product design, digital marketing initiatives and dynamic retail strategies.
Working as part of the burgeoning creative team at Burberry in a young and exciting area of the business, focused on Fragrance and Beauty products. Reporting to the Beauty Creative Lead, the candidate will be working across a wide range of innovative creative projects with physical, digital and motion applications. You’ll be largely involved in the concepting and executions of visual strategy.
The ideal candidate will have a strong luxury aesthetic, be a dynamic researcher and be passionate about bringing creative ideas to life. Fitting within a wider creative team, the position requires an in-depth understanding of imagery, composition and design, as well a strong ability to innovate and collaborate across departments and marketing initiatives.
We are looking for a cross functional candidate who has a strong eye with a innate understanding of the luxury fashion sector. A creative who has a 360 approach and is able to think strategically outside of their immediate remit.
- A self-motivated, highly organised and experienced creative with acute attention to detail who has the ability to prioritise.
- Has a positive, collaborative attitude and can work under tight timelines and is able to multi-task in a pressurised and fast paced environment.
- A passionate individual with a strong luxury fashion sensibility, who possesses a strong design and photographic aesthetic with an in depth knowledge of design, photographic and creative references.
- Creative flair, originality and a strong artistic sense.
- A strategic thinker, creative problem solver and a great communicator.
- Culturally engaged in the Art, Design and Photographic landscape and is passionate about bringing creative ideas to life.
- Has a strong interest in luxury fashion, the digital landscape and passion for media.
- Excellent research and connecting skills. Awareness of current creative trends and innovations.
- Accomplished in the Adobe suite, particularly indesign, photoshop and final cut.
- Preferred Qualification: Bachelor of Arts Degree
- Previous experience of concepting and execution of a wide range of creative projects across physical, digital and motion.
- Work collaboratively with the team to shape a projects aesthetic from inception through to delivery.
- Following a brief from developing concepts from sketch and mood board phase.
- Working across photo shoots and productions under direction from the Art Director.
- Sourcing references and defining pre-shoot requirements.
- Creating and delivering presentations to the highest standard.
- Presenting ideas to peers and senior members of the team.
- Meet rigorous deadlines and be flexible enough to adapt to altering priorities.
- Consistently seek to push the boundaries of creative in terms of platform innovation and storytelling.
- Collaborating with production and post-production teams, ensuring that you are conscious of timelines.
- Liaising with the wider Creative Media team to ensure content is used effectively.
- Working collaboratively with others within the creative team, supporting the Creative Lead and the wider team members (Packaging, Art Directors, POS) when necessary.
- Remaining up to date with creative trends, emerging production innovations and and wider cultural/ luxury ideas to understand what is possible and to push the boundaries when necessary.
- Accomplished in the Adobe suite, particularly indesign, photoshop and illustrator.
- Cultural awareness of the design landscape with respect to current creative and marketing trends.