Production is a team of creative professionals; working together to ensure the entire production process is run seamlessly. It’s incredibly diverse, built up of several departments ranging from Studio, Shoot Operations, Retouching, Copy Writing and Production itself. It’s a very busy, very exciting area to be a part of, requiring constant communication between the team, and all the other areas of the business.
The Shoot Assistant will report into the Studio Operations Manager as part of the Production department. Your main area of focus will be to fully support and assist the Stylist and Shoot Co-ordinator within the Studio, making previous fashion assisting experience a necessity for this role. Your day to day role consists of assisting the stylist with collation of styling product and dressing of models, as well as organisation of samples and communication of product codes.
The role requires a focused, driven, hardworking individual. You must be able to remain calm and professional in pressured situations while maintaining a positive and proactive attitude. This role demands a team player who is eager to learn and develop and can grasp new information quickly. You will also be flexible and have the ability to think outside of the box and bring new ideas to the team.
It is vital that you are passionate about photography and fashion, and that you have a solid understanding of current trends and how they relate to the ASOS customer.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Prior to the shoot– You will be responsible for preparing the studio. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Collecting products from Shoot Operations team
- Investigating any missing product
- Steaming all products being shot that day
- Ensuring there is a full styling kit to hand
- Assisting the stylist by ensuring they have every piece of styling they need for the days shoot
- Ensuring stylist is prepared with relevant benchmark, lookbook and other press material
- Ensuring there is a flow to the shoot in terms of the order in which product will be shot to aid achievement of target, assisting the stylist to achieve this
- Work closely with Senior Stylist to ensure the best working practise for the day, ensure all styling is prepped before hand- to include speaking with buyers to get specific product where necessary.
During the shoot – You will be responsible for maintaining the organisation of the studio. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensuring the steamers are working and products are all steamed and ready to wear
- Keeping the studio is clean and tidy
- Ensuring products are neatly hung up after shooting and all barcodes are still present
- Collect styling product from buyers when/if necessary
- Ensuring all products are clearly separated on the rails to return to the Shoot Operations area (including priorities, colour matching, Agile Zens)
- Assisting the stylist with the outfits and models as required, including dressing the models
- Ensuring models are being looked after in studio at all times
After the shoot – You will be responsible for ensuring all products are in the correct place and the studio is left tidy. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Return all shot product to the Shoot Operations team, in the way in which you received it
- Returning any product that hasn’t been shot, ensuring they are correctly logged and communicated
- Returning all Agile Zen, Priority and colour matching product and clearly communicating its status
- Returning all core styling product to the appropriate place
- Ensuring studio is left in pristine state and ready for next day of shooting
- Attend meetings with wider department members in Senior Stylists absence
- Responsibility of studio specific styling rail and cupboard- ensuring correct product at all times
- Generally keeping all studios, clothing rails and accessories tidy and organised
- Ensuring benchmark shoots are strictly adhered to, to ensure consistency of imagery – communicating this information to freelance teams. Working with senior stylists to ensure the best working practice
- Maintaining and cleaning equipment and products
- Organising weekly service wash with the Studio Administration Assistants
- Ensuring the styling boxes are always fully stocked and replenished as necessary
- Be confident in addressing freelance team members when items are not styled in the ASOS way or when processes are not being followed correctly
- Researching trends and creating inspiration board for studio, fully understanding all segments and end use.
- Understanding of current catwalk trends and how these relate to the ASOS customer
- Completing any ad hoc projects
- Contribute to problem solving through meetings and one to ones
- Engage in training and development initiatives
- Assist a stylist to a high standard and ensure all of the day to day activities outlined above are executed well
- To develop moodboards based on inspiration and catwalk trend/street style with minimum briefing and to the standard expected of the senior stylist.
- Suggest new efficient ways of working and see these through to completion with the relevant management.
- Take on responsibilities where necessary to aid senior stylist, pre-empt areas of improvement that will help the studio to run at a more efficient space
- The ability to be flexible and willingness to be involved in extra projects within the studio. To suggest ideas and ways to ensure all imagery is at the highest standard