The ASOS hair and make up team play an important role with in the production department. We are a team of fashion focused individuals, from a variety of backgrounds, who work together to fulfil and deliver the creative vision of the style directors. It is our job to ensure that the ASOS models are looking their best at all times!
It is a very exciting and busy area to be a part of. We inspire each other to be the best we can be and deliver the highest standard of hair and make up.
We are offering a 3 month intensive hairstyling Creative Development Program for hairstylists that maybe slightly newer to the industry. Working one on one with our senior Hairstylist to grow and develop hairstyling skills to demonstrate the best possible results with in our ASOS studios.
The program will involve sessions to expand skills and learn new techniques that are being used in the industry. We will explore fashion from decades through to the current catwalk trends and street style and how we apply these looks to our ASOS models.
After successful completion of the six week program, the right candidate may have the opportunity to join the ASOS team as a full time women’s wear Hairstylist.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Have a full understanding of the ASOS customer and target audience.
- Build and maintain a strong knowledge of season catwalks and trends
- Assisting senior hairstylist to produce hairstyles for 2-4 models in a one hour time slot.
- Engage with senior hairstylist to translate any creative changes quickly in the studio.
- Produce mood boards in relation to your learning and development, communicate this to senior hairstylist and hair and make-up manager.
- Attend creative hair and make-up meetings
- Daily duties to keep a smooth running of the department
- Professional presence in the hair and make-up department and studios
- Trial and test the product range we are currently working with. Source new products that could be incorporated into the hair kits.
- Maintaining clean equipment and products including stock control.
- Any ad hoc duties to support the progression of the production department.
We'd love to meet someone with
- Hair Dressing experience
- An ability to translate a brief to a high standard and within a tight deadline
- Great trend research skills and to be able to develop these ideas for the ASOS customer
- Certified qualification in hairdressing
- Ability to stay calm in a fast paced environment and remain proactive and professional
- Be able to rapidly adapt to change
- Have strong attention to detail in order for you to present the product in the best way possible
- Be a dedicated team player who is eager to learn and can grasp new information quickly
- Understanding of current catwalk trends and how these relate to the ASOS customer
- Respond positively to feedback and areas of improvement and have the ability to provide solutions where possible
- Excellent time management and communication skills, along with the ability to prioritize daily tasks
- Keen interest in fashion along with some relevant experience in the industry
Production at ASOS...
ASOS is one of the UK’s top fashion and beauty destinations, expanding globally at a rapid pace. Our values are to be authentic, brave and creative, and we live and breathe these in everything we do. All of the product images that you see on ASOS are shot in-house in one of our 12 studios. Each studio shoots 60 products per day and has 4-6 minutes to shoot and catwalk each product, so it’s important that each day runs seamlessly. The team are made up of several departments ranging from Model Booking, Studio and Shoot Operations to Retouching, Copy Writing and Production itself, all of which work together to bring the product life on the site.
What’s in it for you…
- Generous salary, bonus and pension matching.
- Great development programmes.
- Amazing offices and great culture.
- 25 days holiday plus one extra day for your birthday.
- Subsidised gym and canteen.
- Huge staff discount and regular sample sales.
- Life Insurance, medical care, cycle to work scheme.
- And tons more…